- ACA Employer Reporting - Frequently Asked Questions
January 2016 rings in the newest employer mandate dictated by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) - Employer Reporting. We have created a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document to assist our clients maneuver through this latest compliance maze. Click on the title above to read the FAQ.
- Cyberattack Hits Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 11 Charged With Stealing BCBSM Subscriber Info
Ex-BCBS employees accused of taking screenshots of personal information
- BCBSM/BCN Same Gender Policy Changes
BLUES CHANGE ENROLLMENT POLICIES FOR SAME-GENDER MARRIED COUPLES
- IRS Releases Revised Form 720 for PCOR Fees
IRS has issued a revised Form 720 and instructions for filing the PCOR fees by July 31, 2014.
- IRS: Employers Cannot Pay Individual Plan Premiums
On May 13, 2014, the IRS issued Q&A guidance restating the conclusion in Notice 2013-54, that an employer is considered to establish a type of group health plan-called an "employer payment plan"-if it reimburses employees' premiums for individual health insurance policies.
- Updates Required to COBRA Notices
On May 2, 2014, the Department of Labor released a proposed rule on Health Care Continuation Coverage, which amends regulations on required notices of the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act, known as COBRA.
- BCBSM/BCN Will Not Extend Legacy Plans
Blues will continue to transition small group customers into ACA-compliant health plans; will not extend legacy plans
- Important MLR Report Deadline Nears
Blues need information from customers to comply with reform law
- Small Group Max Deductible Limitations Repealed
Recall that on March 5, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) finalized the maximum deductible limitations for 2015.
- 2014 Drug Changes for Individuals and Small Groups
The Affordable Care Act mandated changes to pharmacy programs. Some preventive medications are now available at no cost to members, while other drugs are no longer covered
- Proposal to help consumers facing product discontinuation
On November 14, President Barack Obama announced administrative guidance in an effort to allow insurers to renew existing individual market and small group market plans even if they do not include the full menu of required health care reform benefits.
- Mandated Marketplace Notice Deadline Approaching Fast!
This is the notice that was due on March 1, 2013 and was postponed
- HHS Releases Final Ruling on Essential Health Benefits
Health care law allows consumers to easily find and compare options starting in 2014
- BCBSM Will Participate in Rx Settlement
BCBSM and ASC customers recently received a notice (PDF) of a class action drug settlement from the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
- Employee Counts Required to Comply With Reform Law
Blues need employee counts from customers to comply with reform law
- NEW Required Prior Authorization on Certain Drugs
Blues now require prior authorization of certain physician-administered specialty drugs
- Agency Guidance on Determining "Full-Time" Status
HEALTH CARE REFORM: AGENCIES ISSUE GUIDANCE ON DETERMINING “FULL-TIME” STATUS OF EMPLOYEES FOR SHARED RESPONSIBILITY PENALTIES AND THE 90-DAY WAITING PERIOD LIMITATION
- Update on Comparative Effectiveness Research Fees
Earlier this year, the IRS proposed regulations to address the comparative effectiveness research fees imposed on health insurers and certain self-funded group health plans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Recent Guidance for Paying the Additional Medicare Tax
Beginning on January 1, 2013, for employees whose compensation exceeds certain threshold amounts, an additional Medicare tax of 0.9% will be imposed on top of the current 1.45% that is the employee’s share of the hospital insurance portion of FICA.
- BCBSM.COM & MiBCN.COM HAVE MERGED
On Friday, December 7, Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Michigan and Blue Care Network merged their websites into a new and improved bcbsm.com.
- Employers' "Plan B" if Health Reform is Axed
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- How Corporate America will react if the Supreme Court overturns the landmark 2010 health care reform law is a big fat -- scary -- question mark.
- MORE ON POSSIBLE FSA CHANGES FOR 2013
House to Vote on the Health Care Cost Reduction Act This Week (06/04/2012)
- Putting the "Insurance" Back In Health Insurance
PUTTING THE "INSURANCE" BACK IN HEALTH INSURANCE
- Updated BCBS Prescription Drug List
Blue Cross Blue Shield has updated their prescription drug list to include new generic drugs as well as drugs that are now classed as Prior Authorization/Step Therapy.
- Beaumont & BCBS/BCN Reach Agreement
Beaumont Health System, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network Reach Agreement on Reimbursement Contract
- BCBS/BCN-Jan. Bills released with MI Claims Tax
January bills released, clarification of Michigan Claims Tax on billing statements
- Blues Billing Update - State Claims Tax
BCBSM group bills delayed for five days to accommodate new state claims tax; BCN Group and BCBSM/BCN individual bills released on normal schedule
- 1% Tax on Medical Claims
State of Michigan Enacts 1% Tax on Medical Claims - Effective January 1, 2012
- BCN REFUND CHECKS - For Small Group Segment
Approximately 5,200 employer groups in the BCN small group segment are receiving a 2.5% return of premium billed between January and June 2011.
- 4th Quarter 2011 - Lower Increases from BCBSM (8/02/2011)